- Experience spectacular views from above in a ski plane and a helicopter
- Land on New Zealand’s longest glacier – the Tasman Glacier
- Enjoy beautiful views of the Tasman Terminal Lake, Grand Plateau, Hochstetter Icefall and cloud-piercing Aoraki/Mt Cook
Includes glacier / snow landing.
Experience duration is approximately 45 minutes
Departs from Mount Cook Airport
Fly in a skiplane and a helicopter on the same day for an unforgettable experience of Aoraki/Mount Cook. Enjoy a scenic adventure that includes a glacier snow landing.
From take-off to landing, you will enjoy spectacular views! Fly up the Tasman Valley over the breathtaking blue glacier lake. See the Hochstetter Icefall and the cloud-piercing Aoraki/Mount Cook before landing on the upper snowfields of the Tasman Glacier. Take time to enjoy this unique alpine environment before swapping aircraft and returning to Mount Cook Airport.
These mountains are covered in snow and ice all year round, and the aircraft fully shuts down on landing. You’ll also see Tasman Terminal Lake, Grand Plateau, Plateau Hut, as well as the full length of the Tasman Glacier.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Subject to Availability
Child prices are for ages 4 – 12 years
CHILDREN & INFANTS:
- Infants 3 years old and under and free but must sit on a parents knee (seatbelt extension provided)
- Children 4 years old and over are child price and must have their own seat
- Ages 13 years and older require an adult priced ticket